Use the CONFIGURE area to set up the basic reference information about the app and to specify logos.
- Title (max 80 chars): What name will you give your app? This is the label for the App that the users will see in the list of Apps in the springboard menu
- Identifier: What is the unique App Identifier? This cannot contain spaces and must be at least three characters. You will need to set this when you create an app. It will appear in the URLs when navigating through that App, and it cannot be altered once set
- Description (max 2000 chars): What is the brief description for your app so users will know what it does?
- Record Type Name (max 60 chars): What will records be called or how will they be referred to? For example, for a Risk Register app, individual records will be called Risks?
- Record Type Name (max 60 chars): What is the plural of the Record Type Name?
- Category: Which group should your app be in on the Springboard? This is sometimes referred to as the ‘taxonomy’. Apps can be ordered in the springboard alphabetically ascending or descending using the Category
- Record Title Field: Which field will be used as the default field for referencing records? All apps will need a Title field that will be displayed in the ‘breadcrumb’ reference at the top of each record
- Record User Identifier Field: Which field will you want to use for importing records from a third party system? By default, you should leave this blank as the system will assign all records with a unique identifier. This should only be changed by advanced App Builder where records identifiers are set by another system e.g. when importing from SAP
- A To Z Search Field: Which field will be used on list reports for doing a quick A-Z search? By default, this will be the Title field for the app
- Allow Attachments?: Allows attachments of things like docs and images to individual Records, via the paperclip in the bottom right corner. By default this is enabled.
- Allow Comments?: Allows users to attach comments to individual Records, via the speech bubble in the bottom right corner. By default this feature is enabled.
- What icon will be used for the app? This will appear on the Springboard, and in App stores along-side meta data about the app. By default this will be the Softools logo but adding custom logos with distinctive pictures helps for user navigation
- Note that a logo can be added via a Logo URL, selecting an existing ‘asset’ that has been previously uploaded to the Settings area, or by clicking ‘Upload New Asset’ and uploading a graphic image by using the drag-and-drop capability
PUBLISHER & DEVELOP
- Which company, team or person is responsible for the design (and IP) for this app?
- What is the web address for the Publisher’s company?
- What is the publisher’s logo? Note that you can either reference a URL with the Publishers logo or upload a graphic using the drag and drop capability
- Is this a ‘Lookup Only’ App? Look-up only apps are used by other apps for referencing in other apps and should not appear on the Springboard as stand alone apps
- Tick the "Help Enable?" check box to add App help at the published level. Once saved, the users can access Help by clicking on the "i" icon.
- Secondary Help Lookup Field: optional - only use the drop down on this menu if required.
- Subject Matter Expert: optional - this is the list of active system users. When selecting and saving one user as a SME, the published app will show the name and email address under the "i" menu.
- Resource Links: optional - guidance via URLs or documents can be added.
- Think carefully when naming your app as you will not be able to change this in the future
- Get into the habit of completing the whole configuration section and always adding icons for new apps before moving on to the Fields section