Move records to an Archived area of the App.
To stop old records from being accessed or appearing in reports.
a) Archive a Record:
- Open the record you want to access.
- Select Archive from the Record feature menu.
- Confirm that you would like the record archived in the pop-up window.
An Archived record can be Unarchived by selecting the Unarchived feature available from the Record Feature.
b) Archive more than one record at once (Bulk Archive):
- Go to a list report.
- Check the boxes (left hand side) for the records that need archiving.
- Click in the Screen Menu.
- Select Archive.
- Tick the option to confirm the archive process.
Note: a user must have Report Archive permissions to do this task.
Not every user have the permissions to archive records or maybe you have the permissions to archive a record from the record but not from the report as these are two separate permissions.
Security Note: Users with Archive permissions can only Archive records to which they have Full Access to. If they can only Read the records, then they cannot Archive them and the user will receive an Error message. See example of Bulk Archive error message.