The filter feature allows you to choose from a pre-created list of filters or gives you an option to create your own. A filter can group and order Records as well as filter down Records based on field values. Filters can also be saved with specific access rights such as Global, Team and Personal. These are great for getting personalised views of your data.
Creating a filter
When viewing a Report click on the filter button in the top right of the screen.
This will open a filter modal where you are able to select preexisting filters or create a new filter by clicking on the Pen and Paper by No Filter
Editing the new filter
- Group By: This will categorize the records in your App by a selected field alphabetically (this can be either ascending or descending)
- Sort By: This will then order the records within a Group by a second field.
- Add Filter: This is where you can then filter the records down to a subset based on field values. First, select a Field, then the logic (Contains, Equals, …) and then the value for the field to meet the logic.
- The last filter you used on a report will be remembered the next time you visit that report
- To apply the view that you have created click on the Paper and arrow in the bottom left of the modal.
- To save your filter click on the save icon and set the name and access level.
- To delete a filter click on the bin icon, if this is a global or team filter this is removed for everyone or everyone in the team it's applied to