Softools' Filter Builder allows almost endless configuration of Custom Filters. Giving ultimate control over data outputs by letting you see the data you want; when you want it.
Different Filter Options
Filters are one of the most powerful tools Softools offers when it comes to the efficient analysing of your Reports. Below you can see how to Select, Create and Edit Filters:
Selecting and Deselecting Filters
- Click on the Filter Button in the top right when on a Report to open your list of available Filters
- The Funnel also indicates if you have a current Filter applied or not
- Select a Filter from this list and it will be applied to the current Report
To deselect a Filter or clear a temporary one hit the 'x' on the Filter Button.
- Two Filters of significance are available by default:
- 'Escalated' - Filter down to your Risks marked as Escalated and requiring attention
- 'Red Risks' - Filter down to your most severely rated Risks
Creating and Editing Filters
Softools' Filter Builder makes life easy when it comes to creating and Editing Filters. These can be for a one-time use, or for repeated future uses if saved.
^Softools' Filter Builder^
Click the '+' at the top of the Filter List to open the Builder.
Filter Builder General Actions:
- Apply the currently configured Filter to the Report - This will not save it.
- Save the currently configured Filter
- Delete the Filter - Use this for previously saved Filters.
- Close the Filter Builder
Configuration Options - Used to make new, and edit previously saved Filters
Sort - Alphabetical, numerical, date-based or other depending on type, search for a Field to order your data by, then select Ascending or Descending.
Group by - Search for a Field to group your data by, then choose for the grouping to appear in an Ascending or Descending manner.
Add Filter -
^Add Filter Menu^
Click on '+ Add Filter' in the Builder to open the above pane
- Type to search all of the Fields and choose one to Filter by.
- Select the type of Filter from a wide range of options - These vary depending on the Field Type (Number, Text, Date, etc..) but examples include:
- Equal to
- Not equal to
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Later than
- Earlier than
Finalise by clicking the 'Tick' or 'Cross' to either confirm of cancel the Filtered Field.
Note: You can add multiple Filters of this nature (sub-filters) to the main Filter that is being configured.
Save and Name your Filter
Click the Save icon on the Filter Builder to name and save your new, or edited Filter - Finalise again with the 'Tick' or 'Cross' to confirm or cancel - You can only save a 'Personal' Filter.