If you are looking for assistance on how to log out effectively then this can be found here.
Completely logging out of sites, pages, etc is widely considered best practice when data security and protection is in mind. Softools' platform is no exception to this, however depending on the use and accessibility of your device to others you can choose to remain logged in for time saving purposes. The following article will briefly outline the benefits and drawbacks associated with each method so you can make an informed decision.
The below is relevant to all sign in methods on Softools including SSO.
Notes about Data Synchronisation:
- Stores the User Account information temporarily in the browser
- The User will not need to Synchronise again if the browser tab is simply closed without first logging out
- Reopening the site will instantaneously open the User Account (signed in) on that particular site
- Hence this method is a great way to save the time usually required to synchronise sites that have 'Online Only' apps.
ALWAYS LOG OUT IF:
- Sharing devices; laptops, tablets, mobiles with others...
- If you are accessing the data from a device that is not your standard company device
In both these instances failure to log out could result in an unauthorized individual gaining access to your companies data