Softools has now been deployed in all languages and regions of the world, and whilst each deployment is similar, each will also have unique challenges. This checklist highlights issues to watch out for, and the quick fix that can be put in place:
PREPARATION & PLANNING
Draw up detailed System / Network diagram that shows how apps are linked together, and an app Process Map that shows the different user journeys for each app. These two views of your solution will help to set the system up correctly and avoid user issues:
- Understand who needs access to what apps (for complex solutions this may be all or just some)
- Understand who needs access to which records at both a read-only and read-write levels. Note that security can be set in many ways: default security, inherited security from Parent App, security via workflow, manual over-rides
- Understand how access and security should change as the process progresses – the Process Map should clarify this for each stage or gate
- Understand what actions are expected of each person or team at each stage of the process (e.g. add data, export to csv, archive++ – again, the Process Map should clarify this for each stage or gate
This checklist highlights issues to watch out for, and the quick fix that can be put in place:
- Administrators: Ensure all teams have a Team-based System Administrator for user management or for app queries. Both? And they are signed up to the Softools Status page and newsletter
- Browser: Check that all users use valid browsers and that they regularly update them to the latest version. This should be a requirement for internal security in any case
- Device: Check that the device being used is supported and that it will run a modern web browser
- Domain white-label: Ask the IT team to white label the Softools.net domain to ensure access is easy and e-mails do not go to spam
- Sign-in screen: Check that all non-required Fields been removed in the Settings area. Company, Username, Mobile Number, ….. Keeping the sign-up process to a minimum helps to simplify the process and avoid support issues
To learn more visit www.softools.net/support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.