Rising to Covid-19 Challenges with Softools - Nightingales, Care Home and Home Care Operator
AT A GLANCE…
- Care Home and Home Care Operator
- Tracking employee availability during a period where a large proportion are self isolation
- Quick response to an exceptional scenario
- Visibility across Divisions
- Streamlined process linking the need to forecast resource issues and payroll processing
The wellbeing of Residents, Clients and Employees of Care Homes is of paramount importance. Their employees, vital to providing care for the elderly residents, need to ensure they strictly follow government advice to self-isolate if they are showing symptoms, live with people who have symptoms or live with vulnerable people such as elderly parents.
This presents a huge challenge for Nightingales, who operate Care Homes and a Home Care business across the South East of England because they have to ensure they have the resources to provide ongoing care to their Residents and Clients in the knowledge that they will have a proportion of their team in self isolation.
Amidst the uncertainty of the impact of Covid-19, Nightingales must ensure that their elderly Residents and Clients receive continuity of care. So being able to track and have visibility of employees who are having to isolate and for how long is vital to their ability to forecast their resource coverage and plan contingency resources to ensure their residents receive a decent standard of care.
Nightingales’ in house Softools app builder built a self isolation tracker and volunteers register overnight.
Each employee isolation case is logged along with the date it began and the expected return to work date. They are also storing necessary documentation, such as sicknotes to comply with regulations and streamline the process of claiming statutory sick pay. Similarly, a register of volunteers tracks and records information to ensure regulatory compliance and streamlines the process of addressing resource gaps.
They also created an App for onboarding volunteers, ensuring background checks and training are efficiently managed. The App also tracks their availability and activity.
- Simple but impactful App delivered in 1 day
- Visibility of employees who are on self isolation and their expected return to work date
- Proactive resource management across 3 business divisions enabling load balancing of resource and utilisation of volunteers to maintain care for elderly residents and home-based clients.
- Tracking of sicknotes for payroll processing of Statutory Sick Pay
Please sign in to leave a comment.