Fresh Produce Export App
AT A GLANCE
- Large UK based Lamb Exporter
- Responding to increased export documentation requirements because of Brexit
- Administration time increased from 15 minutes to 4 hours per lorry
- Alignment with existing processes and systems reducing the administration time from 4 hours to 15 minutes
- Tailor made application that streamlines generation of outputs needed to successfully transit fresh produce to Europe
- Zero code configuration future proofs the solution;
- If authorities respond to industry pressure to streamline their requirements
- Add new product lines in the future (e.g. Frozen produce)
- Platform can be leveraged to digitise other processes
Brexit has changed the documentation requirements for exporting from the UK to EU. These issues have been well covered in the press and have caused exporters to retreat from Exporting to the EU reversing efforts by the UK government and Department of International Trade to encourage businesses to export their products resulting in cash flowing into the UK and creating livelihoods. Euro Quality Lambs a large Lamb Exporter to the EU has been tangibly impacted by these changes. The industry expects the authorities to eventually streamline requirements so are reluctant to invest heavily in solutions in the short term.
New regulations require paperwork for a shipment to be submitted for each customer order resulting in duplication. EQL explained to the BBC that their workload increased from 15 minutes to 4 hours. In addition to the extra workload the requirement for more documents increases the risk of data discrepancies holding up lorries at the border, which can result in fresh produce spoiling which would result in huge financial loss. Delays also meant EQL products taking longer to arrive at their destination meaning one less available sale day at market reducing the attractiveness of their produce to customers
A tailor-made application to generate export documentation (Invoice and Consignment Note, CMR) for all the orders associated to a Lorry Load. The application eliminates duplicate entry of information reducing the risk of transposition errors and can ingest via csv file line-item order details from EQLs legacy system that connects to their weight scales. Vetinary certificates (EHC documents), which must be completed by hand and carry a stamp can be scanned and uploaded into the Application and included in emails to Hauliers and Import/Export agents for processing.
- Reduction in admin time enables more time on the shelf for sale
- Streamlined process to fit with EQL’s ways of working and current systems
- Agile application that can respond to changing regulations and scale across wider business processes
Please sign in to leave a comment.