A digitised back office to manage operations
AT A GLANCE…
- Professional Services Company
- Small staff that must manage up to 50 projects at any one time
- Must avoid duplicated work and manual processes
- Zero-code platform enabling customisable app building
- Automated reporting
- Data export into templated formats
- Real-time visibility
- Improved time and resource management
- “Every bit of time we invest in configuring the system pays back 10-fold in terms of time savings and reduced risk of errors” - Natasha Goode, Reliance Energy
Reliance Energy is a professional services company working with organisations which develop, construct and operate energy projects. More recently Reliance has diversified, offering services into other industries. Despite modest staffing resources, Reliance Energy often have up to 50 projects running at any one time. The avoidance of duplicated work is imperative, and business critical project data must be efficiently captured and shared across the team.
Operating within an industry which frequently undergoes regulatory change, Reliance needs to be agile and responsive, continually evolving its business model and processes. Standard off-the-shelf CRM and Project Management systems proved to be too rigid and expensive to customise and regularly adapt. As the portfolio grew rapidly, so did the back-office workload and the commercial risks associated with managing this off-system.
Reliance implemented Softools’ zero-code platform on which employees developed and configured applications without coding. The resulting suite of apps automated previously time-consuming processes and has provided a much-needed means of effectively managing the projects. Key capabilities include:
- Project tracking & access to key documents
- Automated Key Action reporting
- Storage of project photos and videos directly to instantly accessible records
- Project information exported into pre-formatted slides and reports for clients
- Performance Reporting
Reliance now has an easily accessible, real-time view of all its projects. It’s now possible for Reliance to monitor and review its business, and to produce KPI reporting to help focus the team’s efforts where they’re most needed. Reliance now have complete visibility of key deadlines - “In one instance, our app alerted us to a deadline to sign a legal agreement that otherwise put a £350k project at risk”.
The ability to export data into pre-formatted slides saves Reliance up to a day each week in producing important project status reports necessary to keep key stakeholders in the know. Key suppliers have controlled access to the system, while clients and investor representatives are confident in Reliance’s abilities to manage projects and business successfully.
Please sign in to leave a comment.