Please see this link for a brief video tutorial on the process below.
The 'Report Identifier' section in the LookUp Field configuration allows you to select a Table Report for the Lookup. If one isn't selected then the default List Report for the Lookup App will be used. However using or configuring a Table Report is advised as you can tailor it to best suit the Lookup needs, all whilst keeping it hidden from general view. To see the benefits in more detail please click here.
^List Report Lookup Pane ^
^Table Report Lookup Pane^
Steps to Configure a Table Report for a Lookup Field:
- Create Table report in Lookup app
- Add the Report Fields you want in the Lookup
- Hide the Report if you want to
- Create Lookup field (In the App you are looking up from)
- Select the App you created the Table Report in
- Select the Report
- Link up the Fields you want to pull back
- Resync both apps and test
Here is a video going through the above steps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TthQiNSjQ4
Please sign in to leave a comment.