Carbon Footprint Reduction Program
The EU has established a binding target for reducing its greenhouse gas emissions: 40% below 1990 levels by 2030. As part of this challenge, a Global Advisory Firm is spearheading a global initiative to install Solar Panels on the roof space at all their 200 factories across the world.
To get maximum economies of scale and deliver the program at speed, the advisory firm wanted to create a global tender, but to do this, they required information from each site (Roof Area, Electricity consumption, Contact details etc). Using consultants to gather the information would be costly and time-consuming.
Site ownership and management varies from fully owned and managed to leased and outsourced management, making information gathering more difficult
A simple site directory application was deployed via email to a site contact requesting collaboration from the site’s Energy Saving Champion to populate key information required to create the tender. Workflow automated chasing until the right people were engaged and information populated.
Reporting was generated to calculate the global business case and tender specification and dashboards highlighted progress.
- The solution was delivered and deployed within 2 weeks
- Within 6 weeks, 500 collaborators from multiple organisations were engaged and provided information
- The tender information was provided to potential Solar Installers online
- Projections for CO2 reduction and energy spending have been made and will be tracked to show benefits.
- The Manufacturer now has a single source of information and system of engagement across its sites that is scalable to other use cases.
Please sign in to leave a comment.