In this post I will be showing you how to create a current month date filter for reports. This is great for seeing current records and information on a rolling date without having to remember to update the filters every month - having it automated by the steps below is even better!
Even though this example is specific to Months this can be done for days, weeks, quarters and years. If you would like to know more on these please comment below which one you would like to see.
Please view this video for a visual walkthrough.
- Date [TargetDate] - Visible in Records
- Date [DateNow] - Hidden with no expression, to be updated with Workflow (See Below)
- Bit [CurrentMonthBit] - With expression: if(month([TargetDate]) = month([DateNow]) && year([TargetDate]) = year([DateNow]), true, false)
- Daily Scheduled Workflow to update [DateNow] field with dateNow() expression
Filter Required (In the App):
- [CurrentMonthBit] eq true
Please sign in to leave a comment.