A User Administration Workshop focuses on three key areas that are a good knowledge base for becoming a User administrator. During the Workshop we cover User and Team Administration, Record Security and basic Site Administration Tasks:
User and Team Administration
Using Teams to set Site Access - Team Membership is used to control which Applications a User has Visibility of and which Records they have Access to. Use a Matrix of Apps and User groups to help to define which Teams will be needed on the Site. Here is an example:
|Teams / Apps
|Team 1 (maybe named it ALL APPS)
|Team 2 (maybe name it Projects Only Team)
|Team 3 (maybe name it PMO)
Creating a new User - We have learnt two methods of inviting Users via Invite or User Add. We have also covered all the properties that can be set on a User account, assigning User Permissions and initial Team Membership of the New Users.
Tips for governing Users:
- Have a defined convention for Usernames such as first letter of first name and last name.
- Sending out a preliminary email before on-boarding a group of Users explaining what the Platform they are being invited to join is for and also what the key expectations of use of the platform are.
- User the User Import Add method if there is a need to manage users by Organisation, Location, Job Roles, etc.
Editing an Existing User - Once a User has been set up, there may be changes to the Users Access. The permissions dictating what the User to do may need updating, an email address may need updating or other User proprieties altered.
Common User Administration Tasks - In supporting the Users on your Site you will need to know the following key tasks. These are resenting a User verification request, triggering a password reset email, deactivation and reactivating Users as and when necessary
Team Administration - This is the ability to create new Teams and also to change Users Team Membership by adding and removing Users from these Teams
Record Level Security - We have looked into the three step process by which Security on Records is Set. This starts with the App Builder defining the default permissions for Records in an App, then the addition of Workflow to Automate Access for additional Users or Teams on a Record and lastly the ability to view the current Security on a Record and manually override Access Rights where necessary
Site Administration Tasks
Managing Selection Options - This is an area of Site Administration to enable the customisation of options that appear in Select Lists used to validate data entered into the data Forms
Having complete the User Administration Workshop, as a means of qualifying your understanding of the material covered in the course please make sure that you feel confident that you are able to action the above Site Requests.
- Add a new User via either the invite or add process
- Update a Users Team Membership to move them from one team to another
- Deactivate a User account to revoke access or reactivate an account to reinstate Access to a User
- Trigger a Password Reset Email
As Administrators you may also find that you need to perform tasks around Site Administration as well. These would include:
- Updating Select List options for Selection Fields
- Updating Record Security to change the level of Access to Records for Users and Teams
- Update the GDPR or Licensing agreement Users on the Site must adhere to
For Support on updating Select Lists or Image Lists or for changing Licensing policies see here: Site Administration