This feature has the functionality of having the capacity to filter live Workflows in the platform. In addition, it also grants the possibility to check for errors, progress or start and end times.
The user will be able to find this section on the left grey panel in the app studio home area directly below 'Icons' and above 'Configuration' under the name of 'Workflow Runs', once the user clicks on it the following will display as seen in the image just below.
From here the user has the possibility at the top to adjust the settings as desired in order to find the live Workflows.
At the top of the page, in the Display Settings section the user will be able to observe 5 different boxes.
- Display time zone: Display time zone affects the time zone shown in the page for workflow start and end times and also the time zone used for the search time. The server tracks all workflow time in UTC. Furthermore, there is a dark grey button labelled as 'UTC', by clicking this, the time zone box will automatically change to UTC timing +00:00.
Note: UTC 00:00, does imply that due to daylight saving time, BST should be 01:00, so a Workflow at 14;00 UTC, means 15:00 BST.
- App: This dropdown selection has the names of all the Apps in the site, so you are able to filter on specific apps if needed.
- Graph: Another dropdown selection, where the user will be able to check for any particular graphs, however as this is at App level, unless an app is specified in the apps box previously, the box will show as empty.
However, as seen in the images above, when an App is chosen and a correct set of parameters is also applied e.g. Display time zone or Run Visibility, at the point to select a graph, a dropdown box will show up with all the possible graphs which meet the following criteria applied to the filter boxes.
Note: Graph corresponds to a single page in the Workflow configuration section. It does not refer to a graph which presents data.
- Run Visibility: In this dropdown, the user will have the chance to select from three different options:
- Hide runs that performed no actions: It will not display the runs which did not perform any actions particularly.
- Hide runs that did not match the trigger: It will not display the runs which did not match the trigger as the label states.
- Show all runs: This option will provide with every Workflow run.
- Error level: This dropdown will allow the user to filter by the errors in the Workflow. It also present three different possible scenarios.
- Do not filter for errors: If this option is selected, it will not filter for any errors present, hence every available Workflow run will show.
- Show only runs with Warnings or Errors: In this scenario, it will filter down to present the runs which either have errors or also warnings.
- Show only runs with errors: This will show the runs with errors in it.
Note: Warnings normally implies a field expression syntax is not correctly defined hence cannot calculate, these are issues which can be amended by the user. Whereas errors would likely require assistance from Softools and cannot be amended by the user easily.
Moreover, the user also has the possibility to search by date and time. This can be accessed at the bottom of the page clicking a blue headline 'Specify a time', from there a new panel will appear.
The following three sections will display:
- Before: This specifies if the filter applied has to look at any runs previous to the time and date selected.
- After: Likewise, this specifies if the filter applied has to look at any runs following the time and date selected.
- Start Date: Here the user can select the start date for the preference mentioned before.
- Start Time: Here the user can select the time of the day it wants the filter to use as reference in a HH:MM:SS format.
Note: As mentioned in the 'Displayed time zone' this configuration would be reliant on the time zone chosen by the user.
Last Updated: This can be found at the bottom right corner of the page to the right of 'Specify a time'. Last updated is the server time stamp of the data currently shown, it tells you how accurate your view is — if this time stamp gets out of date you have a connection problem.
Queue idle: this changes to various messages such as “1 queued, 4 processing” if the workflow queue for your site is busy.
In addition, If workflows seem to be slow to run you can check here to see if there is a large number queued.
Article is closed for comments.