Use the App Studio function to design, configure and publish basic and complex business process / mobile apps.
APP BUILDER PROCESS
It is structured into a simple and systematic process based on the following steps:
- OVERVIEW: Gives basic summary information on the App.
- CONFIGURE: What is the basic information for describing the app? (See here for info)
- FIELDS: What data input fields will be used to capture data inputs on each record?
- TEMPLATES: How will data input fields be laid out on each screen?
- FORMS: How will Templates be structured and grouped on each screen?
- REPORTS: What reports and dashboards will be used to present summary level views of the data?
- WORKFLOW: What automated workshop (If…Then… statements) will drive progress for each record?
- TRANSLATIONS: Set the default Site language here (will initially be English) and establish any further supported translations if required.
- INTEGRATE: How will this app link to other apps and other third party systems?
- SECURITY: Which teams and users will have what level of access to the App and Records within it?
- PUBLISH: The last step, make the App visible to all Users on the site that have permission once it's ready by toggling off 'Is Hidden?'.
Make sure to click the 'Save' button when making any changes in order for them to be added to the next app version. Once you have made all the changes you need to an application you are then ready to publish it to workspace.
- Before starting to build the Apps in App Studio, take some time with the App Executive sponsor or owner to understand the process that needs to be reflected in the App. The best way to do this is to draw it out on a white board or to to crate an Activity-vs-Role (swimlane format) process map.