Display an editable table of record data with the option of sticky columns and rows. Allows quick data entry with tabbing between fields and instant save
The title is the reference to the Report that will appear in the UI for the users. It will appear in the left pane menu for the App and also in the breadcrumb at the top of the page which tells the user where they are on the site.
The subtitle is used as a longer description of the report and is shown in the head of the report
The identifier is a system ID for referencing a Report. This ID must be unique per Report and must contain only letters and numbers starting with a letter. It must also be a minimum of three characters.
Where there are many reports for an app, they can be grouped so that they appear as a section of reports under a drop down menu on the left of the app page where the reports appear - Apps with the same group name appear within a group of the same name
If the report is to always show a subset of records, then the base filter can be used to apply a permanent filter to the report. This filter is always applied, and then user defined filters and searches are defined on top when the report is being used
- Switch - allow a switch on the report so that the user can go between edit mode and non edit mode
- Always - always been in edit mode and don't allow the user to change that
- Never - always be in non-edit mode and don't allow the user to switch to edit mode
The default Report is the Report that the user will be directed to the first time that they open the App. If no default has been set then the user will be navigated to the Report with the lowest display order.
Note: Once a user navigates to a different Report, this preference will override the default option the next time they view the App.
This will hide the report from all users. It is commonly used whilst a Report is being reconfigured or if a Report needs to be removed temporarily to be reinstated at a later date.
Enabling this feature allows the user to select multiple records from a List Report so that they can perform bulk operations such as Security, Archive and Export from the report features menu.
The Report fields are the Fields that make up the columns in the list Report. The table report is different to the list report in that it is not responsive, so the widths of these columns are defined for each column and the user will therefore see a horizontal scroll bar depending on the size of the screen being used.
To add a new Report Field click on the 'Add Report Field' button and to remove a Report Field click on the cross at the end of the row for that Field. There are a number of options that can be set for each Table Report Field.
The column order can be changed by moving the columns up and down the list of columns by dragging and dropping the left icon on the row. The order in which they are displayed in the list of columns is the order in which those columns will appear to the user on the report
The ID of the field which is selectable from a drop down of the list of fields in the app - Use type ahead to find the field you want before pressing enter
If you want the column heading to show something other than the label for the field (typically if you want a shorter label in the report) then enter an override here - if nothing is entered then the label for the field will be used
For example, a field label may be "What is the value of this Project?" which would take up a lot of room as a column heading in a list Report. This could be shortened to "Project Value" by adding this text as a short label.
Option to specify left, centre or right alignment of the data for this field when displayed in the report
If this property is enabled for a Field, then the user can order the records in the Report by clicking on the column heading for this Field.
Use this option to define a field in a report that is not shown in the report
Use this option if you do not want the user to be able to edit the data in this column, even if the data is editable on the record itself
If this is selected then this column will always be visible on the page and if a horizontal scroll bar is present, when the user scrolls, this column will remain visible on the left. Note that only left most columns should be set as sticky as only the left columns will remain sticky. This is useful if you want to always see the "project ID" on the left while you scroll to the right to update other information on the project
Sticky WIdth Pixels
If the column is not "Always Sticky" then adding a value in pixels here allows a responsive element for the columns to remain sticky if possible
Column Width Configuration
Use Fixed WIdth
This option allows a fixed width to be set for a column which will not change responsively. A fixed width can be set using one of the predefined set (these may be changed in the future) -
- Tiny (60 pixels)
- Small (100 pixels)
- Medium (200 pixels) - this is the default value if not is specified
- Wide (400 pixels)
- Min Size - This is the minimum size the column will be even if the screen size is small. If all the minimum widths for all columns add up to more than the screen width then you will see a horizontal scroll bar. For Min size you select one of the standard set above (Tiny/Small/Medium/Wide)
- Min Pixels - as above but you specify an actual pixel amount, such as 150, or 600
Max (this is only applied where Elasticity below is used on a field)
- Max Size - This is the maximum size the column will expand to if elasticity is used to expand the column when there is available space. For Max size you select one of the standard set above (Tiny/Small/Medium/Wide)
- Max Pixels - as above but you specify an actual pixel amount, such as 150, or 600
This value is used in conjunction with the Max value. If a column has elasticity defined then that column will expand to fill the width up to any maximums. If more than one column has elasticity defined
- Always specify a min size so that the columns will not shrink beyond where they will be readable
- set maximum sizes for those fields which will always be the same width (dates, ID's etc) so that text based fields will grow to show more content
- Keep any sticky columns to low width so that people on small screens or mobile devices will be able to use the report effectively