The 'Configure' section in AppStudio is used to establish an App's basic reference information and to specify its icon.
At the top of this section is the 'Basic Information' Template, in an already Published App this allows for configuration of:
In an already Published App:
- Title - (max 80 chars): What name will you give your app? This is the label for the App that the users will see in the list of Apps in the springboard menu and also in the header bar.
- Identifier: What is the unique App Identifier? This cannot contain spaces and must be at least three characters. You will need to set this when you create an app. It will appear in the URLs when navigating through that App, and it cannot be altered once set.
- Category: Which group should your app be in on the Springboard? This is sometimes referred to as the ‘taxonomy’. Apps can be ordered in the springboard alphabetically ascending or descending using the Category.
- Description - (max 2000 chars): What is the brief description for your app, this lets users know what it does?
- Record Type Name - (max 60 chars): What will records be called or how will they be referred to? For example, for a Risk Register app, individual records will be called 'Risk'?
- Record Type Name (Plural) - (max 60 chars): What is the plural of the Record Type Name? e.g. 'Risks'.
- Allow Attachments?: Allows attachments of things like docs and images to individual Records, via the paperclip in the bottom right corner. By default this is enabled.
- Allow Comments?: Allows users to attach comments to individual Records, via the speech bubble in the bottom right corner. By default this feature is enabled.
You must click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page to save any changes.
When creating a New App:
When creating a brand new App, done by clicking 'Add App' in the top right of your AppStudio Homepage, the 'Basic Information' details as seen above are slightly different. They are as follows:
- Title REQUIRED
- Identifier REQUIRED
- Description REQUIRED
- Record Type Name - (max 60 chars) REQUIRED
- Record Type Name (Plural) - (max 60 chars) REQUIRED
- Title Field Identifier REQUIRED: This will auto generate a Text Field to be used as the Record Title (as all Records need a Title Field). Once this Text Field has data entered into it in a Record, it appears in the header bar at the top of the page, (the 'breadcrumb' trail) and when looking at recently opened Records when you have clicked on the App name in the Workspace.
For Example if an App had the Title 'Risk Register' and the Title Field had 'Volume of Employees' entered in it, the header would look like this:
For Recently opened Records:
- Auto-Generate App: By default this is unchecked however, with this enabled a single Template, Form and Report will be automatically created with the Title field.
You must click the 'Create App' button at the bottom of the page to create the App.
NOTE: All Fields marked as 'REQUIRED' cannot be left blank as this will prevent creation of the App.