Emails are a critical part of the Softools eco-system and should always be received. These can be emails for verification, account deactivation or workflow-based automated emails.
Common Reasons for Not Receiving Verification Emails
When you sign up for a new account and are awaiting a verification email or are no longer receiving emails from you automated workflow, there are several common reasons why you might not receive it:
Junk or Spam Folder:
- The email may have been mistakenly flagged as spam and sent to your junk mail folder.
Deleted Items Folder:
- Email filters or rules could have directed the email to the deleted items folder.
Blocked by Email Provider:
- The sender might not be on your email provider's list of safe senders, resulting in the email being blocked.
Steps to Resolve Email Verification Issues
Check Your Spam or Junk Folder:
- Search for the email in your spam or junk folder. If found, mark it as "Not Spam" to receive future emails in your inbox.
Inspect Your Deleted Items Folder:
- Look in the deleted items folder to see if the email was directed there.
Review Your Safe Senders List:
- Add the email address to your list of safe senders. This is often firstname.lastname@example.org or a custom one set up by your system admin. This will prevent emails from being blocked in the future.
Resend the Email:
- After checking the folders and updating your safe senders list, request for the email to be resent.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to locate or receive your emails. It's important to ensure that emails from trusted sources are not being misdirected or blocked by your email settings. If you continue to experience issues, contact your IT team for further assistance.