When you open a .csv file containing special characters in Excel, these characters can appear corrupted. For instance, '≥65°C' might display as 'â‰¥65Â°C'. To avoid this, we recommend using Google Sheets for editing.
Steps to Edit .csv Files in Google Sheets:
Download the .csv File:
- Download the .csv file from the platform. It will be saved in your local downloads folder.
Upload to Google Sheets:
- Without opening the .csv file, upload it directly to Google Sheets. This prevents the corruption of special characters.
Edit the File:
- Make the necessary changes to your file in Google Sheets.
Download the Updated File:
- After editing, save the file in Google Sheets.
- Download the updated file back to your machine. It will appear in your downloads folder.
- Once you open the .csv file from your downloads folder, it may convert the special characters, making it impossible to edit the original text in Google Sheets or import the updated values correctly. Ensure all edits are made before opening the file locally.