If the content of the App that you are exporting from contains accented and unicode characters then opening a .csv file that has been generated from an Export in Excel may corrupt these values. To open the file in Excel, the following instructions will keep the correct format of these characters when you open the file.
Opening a .csv file in Unicode (UTF-8) format
Note: (the steps order might differ, depending on th Operating System and version of Excel that you are using)
- On a Windows computer, click "File > New" in Excel.
- Click "Data" tab.
- Then click "From Text" option. Select the CSV you file you saved from Softools.
- Excel will display "Text Import Wizard".
- In step-1 of this wizard:
Select "Delimited" radio button.
In "File origin" field - select "65001 : Unicode (UTF-8)".
- Click "Next >" button.
- In step-2 of this wizard:
Select "Comma" checkbox.
- Click "Finish" button.
- In the dialog window that appears - click "OK" button.
- Excel will display your CSV file - including accented and unicode characters - properly.