Multi-State Fields are graphical representations in the form of Red, Amber, Green, Blue and Black or Harvey Balls. The different multis-tate options range from a two-state field up to a six-state field and are often used to indicate a Status or Progress Level.
Configuring a new Multi-State Field
To create a new Multi-State Field, you must first be in the 'Fields' section of AppStudio, here you will be able to click the 'Add Field' button in at least one of the highlighted locations below.
This will open the following page where you can scroll down and select the Multi-State Field tile or search for it in the top right bar:
Once selected you will be presented with the configuration options below:
- Label: Visible in the App above the entry box it makes clear to the user what data is being displayed in the Field.
- Identifier: This should reflect the label. The identifier is a system ID for referencing a Field. This ID must be unique per Field and must contain only letters and numbers starting with a letter. It must also be a minimum of three characters.
- Type: The sort of Field that is being configured - With some types this can be edited in the future providing the data type is cross-compatible.
- Required: Does this Field have to have data in it before the Record can be created? If this is set and it's left blank a Validation Error will occur preventing the Record from creating / updating.
- Read Only: Makes the data in the Field non-editable (Read-Only) - This shouldn't be used for Fields that require manual data entry as this makes such impossible!
- Sub-Type - Choose from:
- RAG - Unset, Red, Amber and Green
- RAGBB - Unset, Red, Amber, Green Blue and Black
- Harvey Ball - Unset, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%
- Harvey Ball Two-State - Unset, 50% and 100%
- Harvey Ball Tri-State - Unset, 1/3, 2/3 and 100%
- Expressions: These are logic statements that are capable of determining the value for a Field and can perform an extremely wide range of tasks. For more information see here.
- Include in Free Text Quick Filter: Makes the Field searchable from within a Report in order to filter down Records. It will return all records that contain the Search Text in Fields that have this property checked.
- Exclude This Field From Templated Record Copies?: If toggled, the data in this field will be excluded from future copies of Records, whenever 'Template Copy' is selected for the copy.
Make sure to click the 'Save' button when making any changes in order for them to be added to the next app version. Once you have made all the changes you need to an application you are then ready to publish it to workspace.