Bit Fields present the User with a tick box that can be either ticked or unticked. The values stored for these are ‘true’ and ‘false’ respectively. If a bit Field is created with no default value then the default value for this field will be set to 'false'.
Configuring a new Bit Field
To create a new Bit Field, you must first be in the 'Fields' section of AppStudio, here you will be able to click the 'Add Field' button in at least one of the highlighted locations below.
This will open the following page where you can scroll down and select the the Bit Field tile or search for it in the top right bar:
Once selected you will be presented with the configuration options below:
- Label: Visible in the App above the entry box it makes clear to the user what data is being displayed in the Field.
- Identifier: This should reflect the label. The identifier is a system ID for referencing a Field. This ID must be unique per Field and must contain only letters and numbers starting with a letter. It must also be a minimum of three characters.
- Type: The sort of Field that is being configured - With some types this can be edited in the future providing the data type is cross-compatible.
- Read Only: Makes the data in the Field non-editable (Read Only) - This shouldn't be used for Fields that require manual data entry as this makes such impossible!
- Expressions: These are logic statements that are capable of determining the value for a Field and can perform an extremely wide range of tasks. For more information see here.
- Include in Free Text Quick Filter: Makes the Field searchable from within a Report in order to filter down Records. It will return all Records that contain the Search Text in Fields that have this property checked.
- Exclude This Field From Templated Record Copies?: If toggled, the data in this Field will be excluded from future copies of Records, whenever 'Template Copy' is selected for the copy.
Make sure to click the 'Save' button when making any changes in order for them to be added to the next app version. Once you have made all the changes you need to an application you are then ready to publish it to workspace.