Period Fields are like Date and DateTime Fields but they span Months and thus won't allow a Date entry. Depending on the browser used this may also include a date picker that brings back just the Month/Year. The value for this field is stored the in the same format as Date and DateTime Fields, yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ.
Configuring a new Period Field
To create a new Period Field, you must first be in the 'Fields' section of AppStudio, here you will be able to click the 'Add Field' button in at least one of the highlighted locations below.
This will open the following page where you can scroll down and select the the Period Field tile or search for it in the top right bar:
Once selected you will be presented with the configuration options below:
- Label: Visible in the App above the entry box it makes clear to the user what data is being displayed in the Field.
- Identifier: This should reflect the label. The identifier is a system ID for referencing a Field. This ID must be unique per Field and must contain only letters and numbers starting with a letter. It must also be a minimum of three characters.
- Type: The sort of Field that is being configured - With some types this can be edited in the future providing the data type is cross-compatible.
- Formatting: Used to apply Format Strings to the data in the Field, it allows you to alter the composition of the data. For example you could use one to turn 50 into £50.00 - This will only be applied if the option is toggled on.
Note: Format Strings when applied make a Field Read Only, so should only be used where Field data is generated by expressions.
- Expressions: These are logic statements that are capable of determining the value for a Field and can perform an extremely wide range of tasks. For more information see here.
- Include in Free Text Quick Filter: Makes the Field searchable from within a Report in order to filter down Records. It will return all Records that contain the Search Text in Fields that have this property checked.
- Exclude This Field From Templated Record Copies?: If toggled, the data in this Field will be excluded from future copies of Records, whenever 'Template Copy' is selected for the copy.
Make sure to click the 'Save' button when making any changes in order for them to be added to the next app version. Once you have made all the changes you need to an application you are then ready to publish it to workspace.