When opening a record, you will be presented with the default form.
Fields: Fields are used to capture data input. There are a number of field types that range from basic text input to numeric, date, look-ups or drop-downs. Data can be entered into each field by manually entering data, or by importing at the report level from a .csv document or via the Softools Published APIs that can be set up to link directly with third-party systems.
Templates: Fields sit within Templates. Each template is defined to reflect the logical process to be followed. To learn more about what is expected in each Template, click on the ‘i’ in the top right of each Template.
Forms: Templates sit in Forms. This segments the data to keep the users focus on one set of templates at a time. You can navigate between different forms using the left pane menu.
Left Pane Menu: By default, the left pane menu will be pinned open but this can be pinned or unpinned to suit your view preference. If unpinned then you can then access forms via the hamburger icon. Note that some forms will only be visible once certain conditions have been met such as the user confirming that they are happy to move to Phase 2.
Linked Apps: More complex solutions will often have apps linked together. For example, a Project (parent) app may need to have a Risk Register (child) app linked to it. Once apps have been linked, data can be transferred and aggregated from one to the other. The linked app will appear in the left pane menu.
Record Features Menu: Click on the ellipsis icon to access the Record features menu. Note that based on your User permissions, some of the following features may not be available to you. If there is a feature that you require then contact your system administrator to request access to the functionality.
- Archive: Click here to archive your record so that they will not appear in the reports. Note that you will need a separate permission to Delete records permanently. More information here.
- Copy: Click here to create a copy of your record. This is often a much faster way of adding new records. Read our article about how to copy a record here.
- Export: Click here to export the record in Word format allowing you to share your work with others. Read how to share a Record here.
- History: Click here to view a full audit trail of every change that has been made to all fields. Click here for more information.
- Resync: Click here to refresh the record to show any changes that may have taken place by other users, or by Workflow actions that are executed as background tasks. This will ensure that you are working on the latest data. More information here
- Resync App: Clink here to refresh the app you are currently using, this will update you with the most up to date version of the application, this may have been changed in app builder. More information here.
- Security: Click here to set or change the security associated with the Record. Note that the default security is set up by the System Administrator, but can be overwritten by the User to allow access on a Read Only or Read Write basis. Click here for more information about security.
The Footer Menu Bar bar appears in the bottom of the screen within a record and offers the following functionality:
- Comments: Click on the chat icon to view comments left by users on the record and to leave new comments for other users. This feature provides a useful chat room for all key stakeholders for the record to share ideas and notes.
- Attachments: Click on the paperclip icon to view a list of attachments such as documents, spreadsheets, pdf files or videos that are available for download. You can upload new attachments using the drag and drop functionality or the file search capability. Read our article about how you can add attachments and comments..
- Support: If you need help then there is extensive documentation available in our help centre. This can be accessed via the '?' icon. Enter the action that you would like help with and we will recommend articles to support you. If you cannot find the article that you need then you can create a support ticket from here which will be tracked by our support agents.
- Record Navigation: You can click on the forward / Next arrows to move to the next and previous records if you accessed the record from a report. This is useful for navigating between records for things like audits, where you can enter a score and move to the next record. There is an auto-save when moving to the next record