If you have permission to manage users and settings within a site, you will be able to see apps that control the site. This can be found by clicking the setting cog in the launchpad as shown. This article will be going over the basics of the User setting area.
This app stores all user data and allows you to keep track of users.
- Hamburger Icon: Click on the icon to access the left-hand menu. This will present two lists - Users and Softools Users.
Report - Users will show every person who has access to the site
Report - Softools Users are members of the Softools support team that have access to the site. You can click on this again when it is open to hide the menu.
- Launchpad Icon: Click on the icon to access the launchpad. This is will open a menu for all of the user/settings apps as shown earlier.
- Homepage Icon: Click on the icon to go back to the homepage of the app.
- Username: This is the name that the user signed up with when first accessing the site
- Email Address: This is the email address of each user
- First and Last Names: These are the names of users
- Organisations: This is the organisation that the user selected when first accessing the site
- Teams: These are the teams that the user is a part of within the site
- Verification of User: This is an indication of whether the user has been verified on the site - this will happen when they first log in if they have been invited, but if it is self-registered, then they will need to verify their account through their email
- Last Access: This is the time and date that the user last used the site
- Ellipse Menu: Click on the ellipsis icon to access the screen menu. This will show you four options:
- Export: This means that you can select users and then click here to export the users' data
- Import: This can be used to import a csv file of users
- Show Deactivated: This means that you will be able to see any users on the site that have since been deactivated
- Deactivate: You can select one or more users and then click here to deactivate users so that they can no longer access the site
- Cog Menu: This will open the four settings options:
- My Profile: This takes you to your user profile that means you can access your name, ID, email and permissions
- Support: This button takes you to Softools Support
- App Studio: This button takes you to App Studio so that you can edit your apps
- Log Out: This logs you out of the site
- Notification Menu: This will show you any exports or imports that have happened site-wide
- Quick Report Filtering: This allows you to filter the users by email, first or last name, organisation and last access like so:
- Search Bar: This allows you to enter key terms/names so that you can find specific users
- User Report Paging, moving back and forth: This shows you how many pages of users there are and allows you to move between these
When you go into a record, you will see the user's details including their organisation, username etc.. in the profile form here:
The permissions form will show you the permissions of this user (for example, App Studio Access).
For more information on site permissions, please click here: